Australia is a fantastic country to study in and for that reason it’s very popular with overseas students.

The Australian Student Visa process is one way to get to study here but it’s important you make your application correctly and to consider using an immigration consultant.

Basic Principles

There are, in fact, a number of different types of student visa available:

•    573 Visa – Higher education

This visa covers applicants studying for a Bachelor’sDegree. That might also include certain other degree or degree-related study such as Associate Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters by coursework)

•    574 Visa – Postgraduate research

As the title suggests, this visa is for those taking a Master’s by research or a Doctoral Degree.

•    570 Visa – ELICOS -English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students

This applies to English language courses that maybe required to further your studies.

•    571 Visa – Schools Sector for primary or secondary school courses

This visa is for parents or care providers who would like to send their children to Australia to attend primary or secondary school. It can also cover some secondary school exchange programs.

•    572 Visa – VET – Vocational Education and Training

This visa covers AQF Certificates I, II, III or IV diploma, advanced diploma and other vocational related diplomas

•    575 Visa – Non-award Sector

This visa covers ‘non-award’ foundation studies or other full-time courses that do not lead to an Australian qualification. Please note if you plan to take a foundation course as a prerequisite to another course (e.g. a degree) then you should apply for a visa suitable for the higher course.

Student Visas to Permanent Resident Visas

Under some circumstances, if you have completed your education in Australia and achieved a recognised qualification, you may be able to apply for a visa that will allow you to stay on in Australia and eventually achieve permanent residence status.

There are several such visas – please contact us for further information.

Basic Principles

If you are applying for a student visa, you will need to provide evidence that you have a place at a recognised Australian educational institution and on a recognised course.

Don’t forget, speak to us as expert migration consultants to find out more.

Australia Parent Visas
Australia Parent Visas
General Enquiry
* Required Information

If you have a specific query or would like to contact us to make an appointment for a consultation then please complete and submit the form below.